With an area of 9,600 km ², the region of RSZZ represents 1.4% of national territory. Located in the northwest of the Kingdom on the central plateau is largely made up of the province of Khémisset and the coastal plateau
It is bordered :
- To the north and northeast by the region of Gharb-Chrarda-Blessed Hssen;
- To the west by the Atlantic Ocean;
- To the east and southeast by the region of Meknès-Tafilalet;
- To the south and southwest by the region of Chaouia-Ouardigha.
The region is thus at the crossroads of three major highways and is located :
- At 1:30 minutes from Mohamed V airport in Casablanca;
- At 2:30 min of Tangier Med;
- A 3 hour flight from most European capitals;
- A 6 hour flight from North America and the Middle East.